My grandmother was born on 23rd June 1909 in Bochum. She passed thru two wars and in Nazi Germany she was buried under the debris of a bombed house. She was even in estate of a crane drivers license in those days. Until today she outlived all of her brothers and sister with an unborn child, her parents, cousine and two husbands. She is still living alone with her own household in a small witchhouse, that is next to my parent's house and took part in building the houses we're living in. My father brings her the newspaper and puts her eyedrops daily. That is all help she wants and needs. Her legs do not work properly anymore and she has rheumatic limbs. As she says old machines break anytime, but still she does her strolls to the centre of our village nearly every day and passes away the time doing crossword puzzles. Try not to get that old, she always says and she wonders what I'm gonna do when I finished my art studies. Granny, e.g. I'm maybe going to work in a company making catalogues and stuff. There is nothing like that here, she said and proceeds the assumption that I'm going to live here all my life. Maybe. Just like my dad, but I am actually unsure about that. Though I think that I'll make my way anyhow. Anyway, she has her head on straight but she has good and better days. There isn't really something happening in her life except that routine stuff. When I am visiting Granny (which I don't really do often though she's my n
eighbour) it's always the same. But today it was different. I asked her if I am allowed to take some pictures of her. . It seems all so familiar.
Now I`m going to give her the eyedrops...
She asked me if we should go out and have dinner tomorrow, just the two of us.
Resolution 26th June 2008
vor 18 Jahren

0 Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen